Paris St-Germain defender Thomas Meunier, 27, has refused to rule out a January transfer. the Belgium international is out of contract next summer and has been linked with Arsenal and Manchester United. (RTBF)
Tottenham's summer attempt to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes failed because of the "difficult" structure of the offer, says the Portuguese club's president. Spurs were willing to pay £40m up front for the 24-year-old, with another £18m if they had won the Premier League and Champions League. (London Evening Standard)
Tottenham will again be offered the chance to sign £65m-rated Juventus and Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, 25, when the transfer window reopens in January after failing to complete a deal in the summer. (Daily Star)
Atletico Madrid are set to move for Spurs and Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 27, in January. (Daily Express)
Manchester United have contacted Paul Pogba's agent to discuss extending the France midfielder's contract beyond 2021. The 26-year-old was linked with a move to Real Madrid in the summer. (Daily Mail)
Manchester City will target a new centre-back in January even if injured France defender Aymeric Laporte, 25, is close to a return. (Daily Mail)
Juventus are interested in three Manchester United players - 28-year-old Spain goalkeeper David de Gea, Ivory Coast centre-back Eric Bailly, 25, and Serbia midfielder Nemanja Matic, 31 - and could bid for the players next summer. (Gazzetta Dello Sport)
Chelsea's 32-year-old France striker Olivier Giroud has opened the door for a potential move to Major League Soccer in the United States. (Daily Mail)
Manchester United sent scouts to watch defender Ruben Dias, 22, during Benfica's 4-0 win over Braga last weekend. The Portugal international is also wanted by Wolves. (Birmingham Mail)
Liverpool are among the clubs scouting 20-year-old Villarreal and Nigeria winger Samuel Chukwueze. (Goal)
Inter Milan enquired about Borussia Dortmund's Germany midfielder Mario Gotze in August and could move for the 27-year-old in January. (La Gazzetta dello Sport)
Derby's Polish defender Krystian Bielik, 21, says AC Milan wanted to sign him before he moved from Arsenal to the Rams in the summer.
Lincoln boss Danny Cowley has denied he has held talks with Sheffield Wednesday. (Sky Sports)
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane is delighted with forward Gareth Bale's change of attitude and believes the 30-year-old Wales international could, along with Belgium winger Eden Hazard, become a key part of his new Bernabeu project.
Manchester City right-back Kyle Walker, 29, is worried about his England future after being left out of manager Gareth Southgate's squad for Euro 2020 qualifiers against Bulgaria and Kosovo. (Daily Star)
David McGoldrick's first international goal rescued a vital point for the Republic of Ireland as they drew 1-1 with Switzerland. (Sky Sports)
A horror own goal from Kevin Malget was enough to give an experimental Northern Ireland side a 1-0 victory over Luxembourg in their Windsor Park friendly. (Sky Sports)
David de Gea was told last month that he was no longer Spain's No 1.
Arsene Wenger is set for a return to football as a technical director for FIFA. (Daily Mirror)
Armenia midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, 30, says he left Arsenal to join Roma on loan because of a lack of playing time with the Gunners. (Daily Mirror)
Gareth Bale says he expects "plenty more turbulence" before there is a "conclusion" on his future at Real. (Sky Sports)
Dutch winger Tahith Chong, 19, says he is in talks with Manchester United over a new contract at Old Trafford. (Daily Star)
Aston Villa's sale of Villa Park is to be probed by the Premier League to check if it breached financial fair play regulations. (Daily Telegraph)
Manchester City's owners have moved closer to adding an Indian team to their global stable of seven clubs. (Daily Mail)
Diego Maradona has been appointed head coach of Argentinian club Gimnasia on a contract until the end of the season. (Sky Sports)
Derby County have defended their £80m valuation of Pride Park in the wake of an independent investigation initiated by the English Football League. (Sky Sports)
Sheffield Wednesday forward Fernando Forestieri has failed in his appeal to overturn a six-game FA ban for using "abusive" language in a match against Mansfield.